Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Lipstick update #makeup




The lipstick maniac here again... Before I went to Croatia I had purchased three lipsticks and a lip liner; Viva Glam 2, Faux and Velvet Teddy. These are classic MAC lipsticks with the perfect formula. The Urban Decay lipstick is from their new launch, where they launched 100 new lipstick shades in 6 different formulas. The Stripdown liner I had to buy when I noticed that they had a MAC shop at the airport in Helsinki. At least I got it cheaper, which is always a good reason to get something :) The Subculture lip liner is also fairly new. It is a basic nude and I don't have a lip swatch in this post because it is a bit fair on me now that I have a tan. At the airport I also purchased my favourite everyday lip gloss/cream from Clarins.


MAC - FAUX


Faux is a mauve pink lipstick with a satin finish. On MAC:s website it states that the colour is muted mauve pink. In person it shows a bit more pink than in the pictures, but it is a perfect "your lips colour but better" colour. It is perfect if you don't like too bright colours, but want to try a little something.



MAC - VIVA GLAM II


Viva Glam 2 is a perfect cool nude. I love nudes. On MAC's website it says that it is a muted pink-beige with shimmer. I don't see much shimmer, and I think it is more to the grey side than pink. The finish is also satin, which is a very comfortable finish for the lips. The best thing with this lipstick is that when you purchase a Viva Glam 2 range lipstick from MAC they donate the WHOLE selling sum to the MAC Aids fund. No better reason to buy lipsticks huh!? I think I will donate this month again :D


MAC - VELVET TEDDY


Velvet Teddy is another very popular MAC lipstick. I made sure that when I saw this at the MAC counter I would get it, because you never know when the lipstick will be sold out. That's how popular it is. I know many of the nudes look alike, but they DON'T! This is - according to MAC - a deep-toned beige. Which I think looks more brown on light skin. On me as well when I am a pale ass b*tch in the winter. I looooove the colour!






URBAN DECAY - VIOLATE


I think MAC is up for a serious rival since Urban Decay decided to relaunch their whole lipstick range. They did a good job in picking colours and finishes. There will definitely be something for everyone. I didn't have a purple shade lipstick until I ordered this online. The finish of this is cream, and the colour is described as a dusty purple with a pink undertone. It is very opaque and applies evenly.





MAC STRIPDOWN LIP PEN


I have been in need of a brown lip pencil, and this was a perfect pick. It is perfect when paired with almost any nude or pink. A bit of a 90's vibe here...




So let's see when there is a need of the next lipstick update post...I am trying to convince that I have all the shades I need for now. But what about fall? I will need a dark plum shade right?



No comments:

Post a Comment